Thursday, January 27, 2011

Over-Use "I Love You"

I heard this in a song and loved the lyric. My family isn't one to say it...at all...so maybe that is why I am so screwed up (oh, let us count the ways). As I have gotten older, I realized the lack of emotion displayed and vowed to love so intensely, some might feel smothered. But of course that is not realistic, so now I just strive to say I Love You at least once a day (that is until I have kids, then cue the smothering!). Some days I don't feel the love, but that could quite possibly be my Zodiac Cancer self (slightly) overreacting :)
There are little moments between my boyfriend Zack and I that make me feel blissful. For instance, how when he forgets to close the window (which our bed is right under) and the sheets get cold, he will warm my side up before I get in. Or how he always kisses me goodnight. Or how he rubs sports creme on my forever aching muscles after a workout. Too much? Ok, I'll stop. Back to my point: it's moments like these that I stop and feel the love. No need for overly romantic stuff (although flowers are nice every once in a while).
There's no such thing as loving someone too much, but it is definitely felt when you love too little.
I will leave it with another song lyric a la Katy Perry:
No Regrets, Just Love

No comments:

Post a Comment